An easy variation on the traditional wilted spinach salad. Try it with a warming soup such as our Pasta Fagioli.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods photo gallery.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 10 ounces baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine spinach, mushrooms and almonds in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add garlic and shallot and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until garlic is browned, about 2 minutes, then add vinegar and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat and stir in honey until dissolved.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.